How to format the XL3000 for use on windows XP 32bit operating systems
Following these steps will allow you to convert the 3TB external drive
for use in Windows XP 32bit.
WARNING: Any data on the drive will be erased in this process.
Please backup any data on the drive before proceeding.
Although the software should only detect the 3TB drive, it is recommended that other external drives be disconnected from your system prior to running this utility.
- Click here to download the XL3000 Format Utility to your desktop.
- Launch the utility by double clicking on the icon (XL3000_Formatv1_0.exe)
- Click OK on the warning message when you are ready to proceed.
- If you would like to label the drive, type the desired name into the Volume Label box. Click Start to begin the process.
- Click OK on the warning to begin formatting.
- This screen will show while the process is running. It may take up to 10min to complete.
- Once the process completes you will receive a message that it has completed. Click OK and the drive will appear under My Computer ready for use.